- 34 Candidates face criminal charges (Nearly 11%)
- 64 Candidates own assets worth more than a Crore rupees ( 20%)
- 34% of the candidates are below 40 years.
- 62 Candidates have not specified their educational qualification.
- TDP Candidate from Khammam Mr Nama Nageswara Rao heads the list of richest contestants in phase1 with a net worth close to 174 crores.
- 82% of the Candidates from the congress party own assets worth more than a crore rupees.
- 5 out of 11 candidates from TDP face criminal charges. (Nearly 45 %)
- More than 50% of the affidavits do not reveal the complete information that a voter needs to know about their candidates.
- Close to 50% of the candidates are graduates or higher.
- We have also found that some candidates have flouted the existing law of the land like the ‘Land Ceiling Act’.
Download the data and analysis here,
(Open the link and then download the document from Sky Drive)
1. The Press Release
2. Data Analysis
3. Details of Criminal charges
Go through the following sites,
Times of India
There is more to follow in the coming da