Tuesday, May 02, 2006

AM I REALLY DOING JUSTICE TO WHAT I HAVE VOWED TO DO?

I was at the hydearbad airport to pay homage to K.Suryanarayana along with a couple of my friends at Bharat Uday Mission. I could not even imagine that there would be such a meek response from the general public. There were some 10-20 ppl from the general public and the rest were the media and officials. The media ppl were happily engrossed in their own world of TRP’s. No one was even showing minimum respect to the slain engineer. At one point, some of them were almost on the coffin in a bid to get clearer pictures for their repective channels. No one even chanted slogans of “Suryanarayana Amar Rahe”. Me and Ali(one of my friends at BM) were the only ones who chanted.
We as People have degraded morally. After this incident I feel that we as a nation (all one billion ppl) are culprits who are answerable to that family. What has that family to do with the foreign policy of a nation or all the diplomatic decisions? I proudly write that we are working for a developed INDIA But am I really doing justice? I really felt guilty yesterday. Can I do anything that will reduce the suffering of that family? What else can I do except shed a tear or two?(which i did)
Am I really doing justice to what I have vowed to do? Surely not……………

And coming to the media, I was never really expecting anything from the hopeless media. But there was hope. Atleast this time, they will understand the gravity of the situation. They will be more sensible. But again I was proved wrong. They rarely worry about anything other than their TRP’s. They were out in their numbers taking interviews of those young children who could not even understand the disaster that has struck. I may not really do anything that will help reduce the suffering of that family. But I was satisfied after I came back from the airport. Atleast I have discharged my moral responsibility……………………….

2 comments:

Chetan said...

Hey Rakesh,
when i went through ur blog i was really ashamed on me.You are the people who can drive india very well. u r the people that we saw in RDB.

Ryam said...

Rakeshji
I being from media was never ashamed of the incident that took place at the air port. Its just a part of our duty. As individuals or as reporters we never dissrespect any individual. U out of your own interst came to the spot and there might be lakhs of people back home who wish to see his body reach Hyderabad. our duty is to show them what they want and that day all media people over there were doin their job. U know what the minister promised initially and how he failed to keep his promise. We cannot skip our duties at any cost, so had to do all those circus feet. And regarding the emotions Media people like me are emotionally linked to the society so are in this field. As of what I know we have more emotions and concern over the society. We care......